We bring decades of experience and recognition as leading lawyers to assist our clients with their road transport legal matters. Clients we have acted for include insurers, road transport operators, freight forwarders, governments, regulators, cargo exporters and importers.
We provide comprehensive services in drafting, amending and maintaining an extensive range of policy wordings, ensuring that plain English is used. We have involvement with carriers' liability and goods in transit policies, in addition to advising on policy liability matters and road transport liability disputes, including cargo recovery claims.
We also have expertise in other practice areas relevant to the road transport industry, including:
Examples of our experience include:
- advising insurers on the operation of carrier's terms and conditions and exclusion clauses
- reviewing and drafting carrier's terms and conditions of carriage and/or storage
- acting on behalf of carriers, freight forwarders and cargo interests and their respective insurers in relation to claims for damage to cargo
- acting in relation to a carrier's property lease for its depot and advising in relation to sub-lease arrangements
- drafting terms and conditions and advising of implications of the Credit Act, the Australian Consumer Law, the Personal Property Securities Act and privacy laws
- advising on warehouseman's liens and carrier's contractual liens
- drafting logistics contracts, including chain of responsibility clauses