Australia has a dynamic commercial, industrial and retail leasing environment where legislative requirements and industry practices are continually evolving. The experts in our leasing team keep abreast of all of these changes and regularly publish books and articles on leasing law.
Our team have developed an easy-to-use and secure online status reporting system for our leasing clients with a large property portfolio, CBP Lease Manager. We have also developed an e-leasing platform to streamline the process for commercial and retail leases.
Our clients come from both the public and private sectors. They include local consent authorities, educational institutions, developers, institutional investors, proprietors, owners corporations, property consultants, overseas investors, architects, builders and contractors.
Our leasing team advises business operators and property owners on:
- managing leasing portfolios
- leases and agreements for owners of shopping centres and a wide variety of other commercial and industrial centres
- suite of lease agreements (including general commercial and retail leases) for major property owners
- managing agent agreements for large commercial, industrial and retail complexes
- licences and car parking agreements
- incentive, fitout and naming rights deeds
- leasing management agreements
- contracts related to landlord incentives
- advising on enforcement proceedings
- advice on retail leases and the legislative regimes prescribed in the different jurisdictions around Australia
- advising property developers and owners on tenant-related matters
- interpretation of obligations of parties pursuant to leases
- special licensing conditions related to leases (eg liquor licensing, child care centres, medical centres, pharmacies)