A partner in the employment and safety team since 2023, Adam provides his clients with advice on best practice workplace policies and frameworks in employment and industrial relations law.
Adam helps his clients navigate the changes and issues that arise as employment and industrial relations laws change to ensure they have policies in place and are compliant from a regulatory perspective.
When problems or disputes arise, Adam's clients value his calm manner and strategic approach. Adam is a 'workplace problem solver', and enjoys helping his clients find solutions to help improve workplace relationships to the benefit of the business and its employees.
Adam provides advice on policy and contract preparation and development, unfair dismissals, terminations, workplace investigations, general protections disputes, enterprise bargaining, modern slavery compliance, underpayment reviews and disputes to clients in industries including education, health, construction, manufacturing, professional services and the not for profit sector.
Adam's recent instructions include:
- Advising an indigenous corporation regarding the relationship between the Fair Work Act and the roles that indigenous people play in preserving culture, and their classification as an employee under the act.
- Advising a large NFP on a significant historical underpayment including necessary steps to rectify the underpayments.
- Advising a large construction company on its industrial relations strategy following changes to the Fair Work Act and its modern slavery compliance obligations.
- Advising an employer on a complex termination of a long term senior employee and acting for the employer in defending and resolving the litigation brought by the former employee.
- Advising a senior executive on a departure from a large NFP on favourable terms for the executive.
Adam regularly presents to Television Education Network on employment matters to their NFP and Religious Institution Conferences.
Adam was admitted to practice in 2012. Adam holds a Bachelor of Laws (with Hons in employment law) and a Bachelor of Arts.
Outside of work, Adam enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, enjoying the outdoors, coffee (like every Melbournian does) and volunteering for a local NFP.