We are proud to be one of the few legal practices in Australia with expertise and a strong presence in the equine industry.
Our equine lawyers have acted and continue to act for numerous high-profile Australian and offshore horse breeders, trainers, owners and competitors of all disciplines.
Our capability within the industry is far reaching and includes advising on:
- legal disputes in Australia and abroad
- syndications, co-ownership and managed investment schemes
- risk management
- training and agistment agreements
- breeding agreements
- management agreements
- transport matters, including drafting cartage terms and conditions
- endorsement, sponsorship and other marketing or promotional arrangements
- joint venture agreements
Our practical understanding of the industry is bolstered by the continued involvement that some of our key lawyers in this practise area have within the racing, dressage and showjumping industries as owners, exhibitors and competitors.