In 2021, Michael became a partner in Colin Biggers & Paisley's disputes and investigations team following the merger with Logie-Smith Lanyon Lawyers. Michael's principal areas of practice include defamation, technology and intellectual property disputes, and Australian Defence Force procurement disputes. Michael has particular experience with time critical matters requiring urgent Court intervention.
Michael founded an independent computer games company. He has informal experience in coding, software design, computer graphics, sound and music, UX/UI design and computer security.
Michael's experience includes:
- Acting for Lockheed Martin on a trademark dispute with Raytheon.
- Acting for Heckler & Koch on an Australian defence tender dispute.
- Acting for an Australian paint & sip business on a national trademark dispute.
- Acting for investors in relation to allegations of market manipulation of ASX referenced warrants.
- Acting for a substantial Australian logistics business on a copyright dispute with another logistics business.
- Acting for private clients on adverse media, crisis management and public relations issues.
Michael was admitted to practice in 2002 and has a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws from Monash University.