At Colin Biggers & Paisley, we’re here to make a difference. We are a unique legal practice and we believe in what we do. This applies to the solutions we create for our clients, the contribution we make to our communities and the careers we build for our people.
We are lawyers of choice in the construction, property and insurance industries and maintain a strong presence in the areas of employment and safety, banking and finance, corporate and commercial and litigation and dispute resolution.
Our values of balance, respect, loyalty and integrity underpin everything we do. Our culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work-life balance. We are committed to supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of our people.
We continually invest in our people, including learning and development opportunities and offer a formal mentoring program. We also offer other benefits such as health and fitness perks, rewards and recognition, complimentary massages and professional memberships.
We don’t just recognise our role as a corporate citizen, we put words into actions. The Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation brings together our entire community offering and is comprised of three streams - pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions. To ensure maximum impact, the core strategy of our Foundation is to promote and protect the rights of women and children and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a legal assistant to work in a busy established employment & safety practice. You will be an integral member of the team providing administrational and ad-hoc assistance.
- Assisting 7 authors
- Scheduling appointments, to include diary management and travel arrangements
- Client liaison
- Preparing legal documents
- Opening and closing files
- Filing (electronic and hard copy)
- Transcribing digital dictation
- Adhoc billing (monthly billing currently done by billing specialist)
Join the team:
- 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Litigation experience is essential as preparation of legal documentation is essential
- Excellent customer service ethic with a focus on providing a high level of service
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong administration and organisation skills
- Sound knowledge and experience of Microsoft products
- Confidentiality, sensitivity and integrity across all aspects of the role
- Ability to work to deadlines
Our culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work-life balance. We work hard for our clients but we also make sure we put our people first. Whether it's taking advantage of our discounted gym memberships across Australia, joining one of our all-star sports teams or enjoying a complimentary massage, Colin Biggers & Paisley offers a suite of unique employee benefits.
Our people are given every opportunity for both career progression and personal growth. We continually invest in our people and support and encourage them as they grow within the practice.
Inclusion and Diversity is a priority for us. “Diversity” to us means diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and ability, and “inclusion” for us means inclusion for all. We are committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Our aim is to be recognised as a leading provider of inclusion and diversity in the legal profession.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity. We look forward to receiving your application.